Monday, March 30, 2009

Itchy Feet

(the 2 previous posts were toss outs for ideas I want to get to.. one half finished and the other not even started....)

I went to the National Park Website today and ordered my national park pass.... and as a result I now have my thread name for the trip report on ADV... but.. heh heh you'll just have to wait for it... I hope to laminate the hanging tag and affix it to the bike somehow, so that it is not easily removed. The last Park Pass I bought I post the first day I used it... sleeve pocket zipper lesson learned on that one.

I called Alaska today and talked to Barb at Alaska Leathers about my butt pad requirements. I had concerns about how it would fit the Corbin seat I picked up.. well traded for.. see, when I got the bike in Georgia, the PO said a shop down the way had custom Corbin seat that the guy never picked up and she was going out of business. I stopped by and barely got the seat out of the box before a sweet deal was had. Once home and fully out of the box, I find it has nice yellow piping... .ooops... fortunately I found someone that had a yellow Tiger and we traded. The seat I have now is set way back, but also has a narrow front section that really facilitates both getting me feet down in the parking lot or riding the pegs, when required only ( cough).

Anywho.. one must give proper attention to the nether regions when subjecting to them to thousands of miles, in the same suit and on the same seat. The sheepskin does several things... it keeps the seat from heating up in the sun so bad when off the bike. It creates padding for a softer ride. It creates ventilation under the butt, which is a primary concern here! It also lifts the butt up 3/4 on and inch, and added to the lowered pegs, gives much more leg room, all of which means more comfort, which means less riding stress, which means being more alert and ready to react! you think that justification was good, wait until I get to the XM radio subscription!

I found a replacement remote shutter control for my Nikon and that showed up today. It will facilitate those long exposure night shots... fun stuff! I have a new wide angle lens for the Nikon that I bought over a year ago but have never tried....

Tomorrow morning is a ride down to Street Cycles for the replacement of the temp sensor, which hopefully makes the bike purr instead of stutter...

No comments: