Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pieces & Parts

Today I got the bike running for the first time since December. The Ram-Mount hardware for mounting the cameras came in today. I played with it a bit and tested a few shots with the vid cam, maybe later you'll see some of that here.

Talked to Mustang today, getting him measurements for the foot pegs, to see if he can make up a set for Girlie Tigers. He has a set made for Steamers, and according to him, and based on my measurements, they are almost the same. Cool beans!

Called MA's to check on the delivery of the Crash Bars. They pieces are in and they are assembling currently.

The other thing that came in the mail today, was a real impulse buy I could not resist. A bike cover for .99 shipped from Honk Kong for $7.95. Seems to be a fairly well built item for such a small price. I packs as small as the Aerostich version, but time will tell if it wear like the Aerostich version.

I have started a new little test venture, importing some Caberg visors form the UK and reselling them here in the States. The first 14 are on their way to me and should arrive next week some time.

Looking at the bike today... there is a lot to do to get it ready for the trip. I am somewhat glad to be going on this jaunt to Louisiana, as it will give me a good warm up on the bike and the equipment. I spent some time yesterday looking at National Forests in my path for the free cmaping aspect. I suppose I should just do my application for the National Parks pass online. Kacing.. another $80... sigh. I'm tempted to adsense this blog! Git some cash for my trash!

Yesterday I got my Royal Robbins long sleeve button down shirt ( on sale of course !!) in the mail along with a pullover, also long sleeve. My wardrobe is complete... lol... the Button shirt is my one good piece of off bike clothing. The pullover will be an under riding suit garment. I am still tempted to bring some long john bottoms for potentially chilly weather, and I don't have to buy those! Both the shirts are of the coolmax variety and have been touted heavily on the net as awesome traveling wear.

No word back from KIVA on the design of a hand out.... yet. I'll take this is a good thing! It'd be nice to have those cards available for my Louisiana trip.

No comments: