Saturday, April 11, 2009

Breathing Hard

The last week has been a bit of a ride.... Monday was the "Jason Blows a Fuse" day, buit I got over it fairly soon and felt silly for getting all worked up, over something I had resolved by the end of the day. Thanks to some rummaging in the back, the folks at Thunderbike found a set of bars out back and they are currently waiting for clearance at USA customs. So, soon I will have everything.

*

Friday, yesterday, I went in for what is hopefully the last root canal, that makes 3 in the last few months.... hoepfully I will be off to Louisiana to get crowns and bridge work done.... and this will also be a test run for the bike and all the gear.

*

I have continued to test the SPOT satellite locator/tracker. I have been very happy with its performance, especially as I have been able to successfully navigate the manual, which is something that many people do not seem to be able to do. When positioned and used properly the SPOT is an awesome tool.

*

I have received a set of ROX risers, which will be installed on the bike today, and this will help with that muscle tension between the shoulder blades. They are very nicely machined billet aluminum. Last week I got in the Alaska Leather Butt Pad, raising me up a bit, added to the drop from the new foot pegs, the Tiger is fitting better for the long haul. It has been fine running around, but as I get into hundreds of miles, it has been a strain on the neck and shoulders.

*

Tires Tires Tires....... Man what a decision.. do I trust to finding the right tires, at the right price, at the right time.... or do I pre-buy tires and have them shipped out to me where I will be in a day or three?? I can buy all the tires I need, shipped to me for about $950. That is 3 Continental Road Attack rear tires @ $145, 2 Trail Attack rear @ $152 and two of the fronts at $119. It would then cost $15-20 a tire to ship them where ever I need them to be. The alternative is to just trust to the good will of the world.... cough.... the world will charge me around $190-$250 per rear tire plus installation fees.. if I choose... I guess I will decide in the next few days. Opinions on ADV are split..

*

Thanks to calmer heads ( geoff!) my crisis earlier in the week was just a bump in the road.... although I was mighty chaffed, in hindsight I realize that any of thses incidences are just that.. moments, that will pass... thanks Geoff..

No comments: