Saturday, April 18, 2009

Personal Garage Time

I spent the last 12 hours or so in the throws of wiring up the bike. The lighter socket is hooked up. The fancy schmansy blue led voltage gauge is installed int he dash and wired up. The GPS has been rewired. The power adapter for the Valentine-1 is mounted and the wires run. The power for the horn is run but I still need to mcgiver a mount for the two Fiamm's.. Those 5 runs of pos and neg wires were wrapped up in a bundle and routed back to the fused power panel installed under the seat. I also installed a gang ground by the fused power supply with it's own lead out to the neg terminal of the battery. I also had to wire up the new(er) horns with the relay and that sucked up time too.

Then there is the Voltage Fix for the tiger as found on www.tigertriple.com. This re-wire bypasses the bike wiring loom to help reduce voltage loss and to help support the electrical load when it gets high. Lots of wiring, which takes me forever, but I do a good job.... at least I hope I have...

OK.. it is late almost 11:30.. I am going back down for a bit to do something. There is still so much to get ready.. like sorting the toolkit... and a test pack.. and .. and

No comments: