Saturday, April 18, 2009

Countdown started

Oy Vay! To copy a coined phrase..

I am leaving next Thursday!! I have an appointment on the Monday 27th for the initial session in the chair, giving me four days to get to Louisiana.

Down in the walking basement, the bike is scattered about, like so much Scarecrow after the flying monkeys tore him apart. The Crash bars from Thunderbike did not fit. Eeek.. Thursday last was spent runnign around getting them modified to fit the 1050 engine case. In short the bars had to be lengthened by about a 1/2" and the bottom plates has to be modified to clear protrusions in the case. The front radiator hose is getting smushed a bit as a result of the different case as well.

I will be digging in and hopefully finishing up the electrical work today, istallign the fuse block and wiring for the radar detector, gps, voltage meter, driving lights, accessory lighter socket, real horns and something else I am sure...

WHoohoo.. Dan sent up the KIVA stickers and last night they were applied to the side cases! Looks some sharp, I tell yeah man!

Too much to do to stop for to long... off to get hairs cut this morning... tent has been set up int he back yeard for a couple of day and is still there.. .(phew) and appears not to leak... ( double phew)..

I have pics of much to show... but will have to wait for a calm moment to post a few...

No comments: